Southern Discoveries is looking for a Boat Host Team Leader to join our Queenstown cruise team. You will be leading the day to day operations on our Lake Wakatipu cruises, serving guests, coordinating Boat Hosts, maintaining food and beverage stock levels, interacting with our guests, and managing passenger safety.
What do we need from you?
- Maturity, the ability to work calmly under pressure, and to think on your feet
- Team spirit, with the ability to build relationships with your workmates and lead a team
- Fantastic customer service focus
- Excellent English language skills
- Energy and Resilience, with an outstanding work ethic
- Not afraid to get your hands dirty, and a boat clean!
- Computer literacy and keyboard ability required for check in and ordering
- Organised and self-motivated
- Knowledge of Health & Safety, preferably in a marine enviornment
The role is all about ensuring our Queenstown guests have an outstanding experience, and that our staff have clear direction and support. We have a lot of fun, but we also work very hard, keeping our vessels clean, safe and welcoming at all times. You will have demonstrable leadership skills and experience in hospitality and tourism.
Southern Discoveries is a premium tourism company dedicated to sharing some of New Zealand’s most iconic scenery and extraordinary experiences with the world. The company offers a range of cruises, as well as kayaking and an underwater observatory in Milford Sound, with coach and scenic flight transfers from Queenstown and Te Anau. In Queenstown, we operate trips to Mt Nicholas High Country farm including farm experiences and cycling, and also specialise in private charters, conference and incentive packages. The company operates a number of retail outlets in Queenstown, Te Anau and Milford Sound.
If you feel like this could be the next step in your hospitality career, we would love to hear from you!