An opportunity has arisen for a qualified casual Skipper to join the Southern Discoveries Team in our Queenstown Operation. Reporting to the Queenstown Operations Manager, this role is responsible for ensuring we deliver an outstanding experience and safe journey for our customers.
This role will be primarily looking after our charters. You will be responsible for the following:
- Skippering our boats on Lake Wakatipu as required
- Leading and motivating your crew to deliver outstanding guest experience within the highest possible Health & Safety standards
- Responsible for carrying out crew training, safety drills and regular safety reviews
- Providing excellent customer service to our visitors and giving them an enjoyable and memorable stay
- Delivering an outstanding customer experience which includes commentary and the ability to interact with visitors
- Managing passenger & crew safety on board at all times
Skills, Experience and Attributes
- You must hold a New Zealand or Australian Skippers ticket - preferably either a ring fenced ILM ticket (Inshore Launch Master) or SRL ticket (Skipper Restricted Limits) with passenger endorsement
- Experience working on various types of vessels, including catamaran and single hull
- Excellent communication skills for commentary delivery
- Ability to successfully lead and support a team
- Ability to work both under direction and without supervision
- Passion for the natural environment
Remuneration will be based on the experience and ticket the candidate holds.
If the role sounds of interest we look forward to hearing from you!
Please note that this role may be filled prior to the closing date.