Southern Discoveries is a premium tourism company dedicated to sharing some of New Zealand’s most iconic scenery and extraordinary experiences with the world. The company offers a range of cruises, as well as kayaking and an underwater observatory in Milford Sound, with coach and scenic flight transfers from Queenstown and Te Anau. In Queenstown, we operate trips to Mt Nicholas High Country farm including farm experiences and cycling, and also specialise in private charters and conference and incentive packages. The company operates a number of retail outlets in Queenstown, Te Anau and Milford Sound.
Main responsibilities in this role:
- Assist with management of Chinese website and digital marketing opportunities.
- Assist with development of Chinese advertising, trade and retail brochures and posters.
- Manage Chinese social media channels and online travel agency listings.
- Assist with Chinese media opportunities, including proactive pitching and media famil hosting, and meeting with relevant stakeholders at Destination Queenstown and Tourism New Zealand.
- Support the marketing team with other tasks as required.
- Give product training and support, host famils and build relationships with local Chinese retail and wholesale agents.
- Develop relationships and opportunities with local Chinese tour guides.
- Support the international sales team with China market opportunities, including hosting wholesale agents and assisting with presentations and information requests.
- Use your superb communication skills to assist our reservations and operations teams with looking after our Chinese clients and visitors.
Required skills and experience:
- Fluent Chinese language skills
- Strong English language skills
- Customer service focussed and results orientated
- Experience managing Chinese social media platforms and website content management systems
- At least two years’ experience in a tourism marketing or sales role
- Knowledge of our products and regions
- Current driver’s licence
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Adobe Creative Suite skills would be a bonus
Please note that this role requires flexibility, as you will be required to work in the evenings and on weekends to accommodate agents, tour guides and media.
Please note that this role may be filled prior to the closing date, so please send us your application as soon as possible.