In Milford Sound, where this role is based, we operate a range of cruises, a kayaking and an underwater observatory operation, as well as a thriving café and information centre.
An exciting career opportunity has arisen for an experienced Café Manager to join our team and add real value to our operation. We are looking for someone with a proven track record in the café business, who is passionate about hospitality and tourism. You will be business savvy, not afraid to get your hands dirty, and will thrive in a fast moving sales and hospo environment.
Does the following sound like you?
- Several years spent working in busy, successful cafés
- Super organised, and able to change priorities at short notice
- Excellent people person, with great staff leadership and customer management skills
- Financial literacy – can read a P&L and manage a budget
- Strong back office administration ability, especially with Word, Excel and POS systems
- Innovative – always looking for new ways to grow business and increase productivity
- Full of energy, but able to stay calm under pressure, and focused on business goals
- Loves a challenge
- Excellent work ethic
- Manages the day to day running of the Discover Milford Sound Café and Information Centre.
- Lead, motivate and inspire a team of café staff, sales people, and chefs.
- Stock and Roster Management
- Set and monitor sales targets
- Launch new products and initiatives with the support of the Operations and Sales and Marketing Teams initiatives.
- Food Safety Plan, Health & Safety Management, Licensing
If you want to work in this dynamic, challenging and busy role, based in the stunning Fiordland National Park, we'd love to hear from you! The successful applicant in this key role will report to the Milford Sound Operations Manager and can look forward to being a significant contributor to the success of our business.
This is a live in position with a heavily subsidised management flat included in the remuneration package. Please note that you must be comfortable living in a remote location, as the nearest town to Milford Sound is a couple of hours away. Rostered days are 10 days on 4 days off.