Southern Discoveries is seeking a Food & Beverage Support Coordinator for our Milford Sound Operation. This role is an administrative position and will be responsible for the following:
- Assisting the operations manager with the management of all F&B, souvenirs and associated supply needs for the Milford Sound Operation.
- Establishing and maintaining efficient stores systems and processes
- Administering the costing and product specifications for all food outlets
- Conducting regular internal food safety audits
- Assisting with the development of new F&B products and services and assist with their implementation.
- Working with all departments collaboratively to ensure all F&B needs are available on time, in correct amounts and most cost effective
- Ensuring management receives accurate information on costs and standards of all food outlets
- Assisting all F&B outlets in ensuring customers receive the best product therefore increasing customer satisfaction and increased company profitability
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Strong excel spreadsheet, word processing, and POS skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and organisational skills
- Ability to work with minimal direction
- Team player
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Previous experience in the food and/or hospitality industry, with an understanding of procurement and stores processes.
In return you will receive a uniform, your own room in subsidised accommodation, and access to a fully stocked communal kitchen. We work a roster of 10 days on and 4 days off (no evening work required), to give you the opportunity to explore this stunning region.
Southern Discoveries is a premium tourism company dedicated to sharing some of New Zealand’s most iconic scenery and extraordinary experiences with the world. The company offers a range of cruises, as well as kayaking and an underwater observatory in Milford Sound, with coach and scenic flight transfers from Queenstown and Te Anau. In Queenstown, we operate trips to Mt Nicholas High Country farm including farm experiences and cycling, and also specialise in private charters, conference and incentive packages. The company operates a number of retail outlets in Queenstown, Te Anau and Milford Sound.