Southern Discoveries is committed to selling and delivering high quality visitor products and services in Queenstown and Fiordland. We are currently seeking an experienced frontline sales supervisor to join our busy team at Information Centre based at the top of Queenstown Mall.
This 2IC position reports to our Retail Manager, and will be responsible for the following:
- Maximising sales
- Ensuring visitors experience outstanding customer service at all times
- Supervising and assisting the team to complete required front office and administration
- Keeping all departments informed of any changes
- Assessing training needs, and provide training to sales staff
- Supporting the manager in departmental health and safety matters
- Undertaking Frontline sales duties
If you have a real passion for visitor experience, and a desire to exceed customers’ expectations, we would like to hear from you. As one of our dedicated team you will have superb communication skills, while your attention to detail and standards will be 100% in all that you do.
To be successful in this role your will have the following key skills:
- At least 2 years’ customer service and sales experience in a tourism related industry
- Previous supervisory experience
- Passion to deliver an outstanding visitor experience
- Outstanding administration and organisational ability
- Adaptable and open to change
- Adept at problem solving
- Reservations and ticketing systems experience - IBIS an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, trustworthy, and reliable
This is a full time position over a seven day roster, which will include weekends and public holidays.
All applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.