We are looking for experienced Hosts/Kayak Guides to join our Discovery Centre Team in Milford Sound.
- Preference will be given to individuals with current first aid, kayaking or water based adventure experience (especially with leading groups), public speaking experience and knowledge (and love) of underwater and current scuba diving practices (to PADI Rescure diver level). Please note that the diving aspect of this role is for maintenance only.
- We need someone who is able to think on their feet and problem solve under pressure. The successful candidate must be able to work in a team but also be productive unsupervised.
- For this role the work is 10 days on and 4 days off. We provide subsidised accommodation and a well stocked staff kitchen.
- If you have worked in a small but supportive environment, enjoy the outdoors, are not addicted to social media and have experience in hospitality then this a great opportunity.
- You must also have the right to work in New Zealand, with excellent spoken English, a strong work ethic, and a commitment to Health & Safety.
The role is all about ensuring our Milford Sound guests have an outstanding experience. We have a lot of fun, but we also work very hard, keeping our vessels clean, safe and welcoming at all times.
Ideally you will have some kayaking experience, but if not, we will still consider you if you have a great attitude, a really strong work ethic, customer service experience, and can show us that you understand the importance of safety in the marine environment.
In return you will receive full training, uniform, your own room in subsidised accommodation, and access to a fully stocked communal kitchen. We work a roster of 10 days on and 4 days off (no evening work required), to give you the opportunity to explore this stunning region.
Southern Discoveries is a premium tourism company dedicated to sharing some of New Zealand’s most iconic scenery and extraordinary experiences with the world. The company offers a range of cruises, as well as kayaking and an underwater observatory in Milford Sound, with coach and scenic flight transfers from Queenstown and Te Anau. In Queenstown, we operate trips to Mt Nicholas High Country farm including farm experiences and cycling, and also specialise in private charters, conference and incentive packages. The company operates a number of retail outlets in Queenstown, Te Anau and Milford Sound.