Souhern Discoveries is looking for a highly motivated and organised 2IC for our busy Queenstown operations office working over 2 divisions: Queenstown lake and farm experiences and coach services to Milford Sound. You will manage the frontline office, including overseeing and training sales staff, become fully conversant in our IBIS booking system, and manage the sales and operations accounting systems. You will assist the Queenstown Operations Manager with general administration, including Health and Safety procedures, daily running procedures, staff management and rostering.
What do we need from you?
- Maturity, the ability to work calmly under pressure, and to think on your feet
- Team spirit, with the ability to build strong and positive relationships with your colleagues, leading by example
- Excellent organisational and administration skills, with a high level of computer literacy, especially with the Microsoft Office Suite, and preferably with knowledge of IBIS or similar reservations systems.
- A desire to deliver outstanding customer service through a smooth running operation
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- Energy and Resilience
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve and deal with tricky operational issues as they arise.
The role is all about ensuring our Queesntown guests have an outstanding experience. We have a lot of fun, but we also work very hard!
You will have previous experience in operational roles, and will be comfotable leading a team. You will thrive on the nuts and bolts of leading the daily operations in a busy environment. You will have a really strong work ethic, customer service focus, and enjoy dealing with issues as they arise, implementing new processes and improving existing ones to make a lasting difference to the success of the business.
Southern Discoveries is a premium tourism company dedicated to sharing some of New Zealand’s most iconic scenery and extraordinary experiences with the world. The company offers a range of cruises, as well as kayaking and an underwater observatory in Milford Sound, with coach and scenic flight transfers from Queenstown and Te Anau. In Queenstown, we operate trips to Mt Nicholas High Country farm including farm experiences and cycling, and also specialise in private charters, conference and incentive packages. The company operates a number of retail outlets in Queenstown, Te Anau and Milford Sound.
Please note that this role may be filled prior to the closing date.